Sovereign Foods is a public company listed on the JSE and one of the major poultry producers in Africa. Based in the Eastern Cape, it is a business focused on the prosperity and welfare of the South African people by supplying quality and affordable protein products to all sectors of the population. Recruiter from sector Agriculture
- Polokwane, Capricorn, Limpopo
Sovereign Foods, a national supplier of top quality poultry products to markets via various brands is seeking to employ a temporary Area Manager for its Broilers operations in the Agriculture division. This position is for a period of 3 months and will be based in Polokwane, Limpopo.
The incumbent of this position will be responsible for managing a subdivision of the Company’s Broilers Division, by achieving the company’s targeted Broiler output volumes, at the agreed cost, for the facilities under his/her control. The ideal candidate will be in possession of tertiary qualification in a field related to intensive agriculture. Broiler farming experience of 4 years is required and a minimum of 2 years managing large scale Broiler Farming Operations at a senior level. This position carries the grade of T14 and reports to the Group Agri Manager.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the following results:
• Achieve and supersede the required KPI’s on the farms under the incumbent's control (PEF, Mort, Growth, and Feed Conversion Ratio);
• Cost control, through limiting all forms of wastage and optimizing efficiencies;
• Manage all risks, including BRC, loss or shrinkage and ensure controls are in place;
• Ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to and that legal compliance is achieved;
• Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety regulations;
• Ensure that all companies assets are well maintained and cared for;
• Manage, guide, develop and assess performance of direct reports;
Critical Competencies and Skills
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of poultry production farming methods and ensuring BRC standards are strictly adhered to
• Extensive SKOV knowledge and competencies;
• Strong leadership, financial and managerial competencies;
• Inclined towards problem-solving, fact finding, trouble shooting, and driving improvements;
• Meticulous and assertive, with excellent communication and relationship building skills;
• Ability to implement, drive and monitor strategy;
• Excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills;
• Attention to detail, with a systematic, methodical approach, leading to the best results.
As Sovereign Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer, preference will be given to applicants from the designated groups, as defined by the Employment Equity Act.
Only appropriately qualified and experienced individuals should submit a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and a copy ID to **************************
Incomplete applications & applications not meeting the minimum requirements will not be considered. Closing date for applications: 04 August 2017.
If you have not heard from us after 21 days, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Minumun level of education: Grade 12 /N4 (Matric)
- Years of experience: 4
- Language(s): English
- Driver's license: EB
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 31 July
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract