- City of Johannesburg, Gauteng
We are a group of digital gurus who devote all our time and energy to technology. We are 100% passionate about what we do and there isn’t a moment’s hesitation when asked about our favourite pastimes: anything that’s digitally based!
Does this sound like your home away from home? If it does, we’d be glad to welcome you as a part of the team, provided you fit the bill.
This Is What You’ll Be Getting Up To
You’ll need to be totally proactive about carrying out your roles and responsibilities, but you’ll also have plenty of guidance from your peers.
This is what we need you to do:
• Design and prototype interactive applications based on business requirements
• Design and maintain technical system requirements based on business needs
• Develop interactive applications based on approved specifications and prototypes
• Develop, test, debug and maintain application code
• Develop, update and maintain technical documentation
• Integrate existing as well as new applications onto Online, Mobile, Broadband & Broadcast platforms
Sound like a lot? We know that you can handle it because you eat, sleep and dream development, right?
Do You Check All The Boxes?
So you’ve come this far; this is the final step. Do you fit within these criteria?
• You have a University Degree in Computer Studies or suitable equivalent
• You have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in application, middleware and Internet development
• You have exceptional knowledge of Java, JSON, XML, XSL
• Solid SOA, BPM, ESB, and rules experience
• Solid experience with frameworks such as Spring
• Open Source fanatic
• Tomcat, Apache
• CI / CD knowledge. Experience with the likes of Jenkins, Selenium, Maven, JBehave, Puppet
• Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
• Solid understanding of Agile methodologies, SCRUM experience would be advantageous.
• RDBMS experience (MySQL, MSSQL)
• NoSQL knowledge would be a definite advantage (MongoDB, Neo4J)
• Mobile / Tablet development experience would be a plus (Android, iOS)
• Logical, analytical, problem solver
• Eager to learn new technologies and excited by change
• Team lead experience would be advantageous
In addition to all of the above, we need to make sure that you have the personality that will fit in with our quirky crew.
• You’re a results-oriented type of professional with strong verbal and written communication skills
• You’re also able to maintain solid relationships with vendors and customers
• You have the ability to conduct effective research
• As well as the ability to analyse, troubleshoot, and modify highly complex software products independently
• Teamwork is something that you live by, but you can work efficiently on your own if you have to
• You consume deadlines with your morning coffee
• You have outstanding logic in any situation
• You have a great laugh! And you enjoy laughing… even at yourself
If you’ve made it to the end and this still sounds like the ideal job for you, then you need to apply right now!
- Number of vacancies: 3
- Minumun level of education: Diploma /Bachelor's/ N6
- Years of experience: 4
- Language(s): English
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 14 September
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract