JobCrystal works across a wide range of commerce and industry sectors. Our services also include self-help options with full recruitment access to our website www.jobcrystal.co.za
Recruiter from sector Human Resources, located in Western Cape, From 1 to 10 workers
- Umhlanga, eThekwini, KwaZulu-Natal
- Accounts Receivable Coordinator
This job description describes the minimum job requirements. This description is illustrative and does not imply that the functions outlined below are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents will be expected to follow additional instructions and perform other related duties as required.
Purpose of the Position:
Monitors and collects outstanding invoices within the allocated credit terms and clears down customer accounts daily. Protects the company’s receivables and minimizes bad debt. As a Coordinator, the incumbent in this position applies advanced skills, serving as a resource in the resolution of complex non-routine and routine problems and issues. They may orient, train, and check the work of other team members.
• Contacts customers on a weekly basis regarding delinquencies, short payments or disputed amounts
• Weekly distribution of Statement of Accounts to Customers
• Daily follow-up with customers on outstanding invoices.
• Daily clearance of funds received on Bank Statements
• Clearance of SM 35 report.
• Creation of AR codes on operating system
• Communicates with departments internally to assist in collection or resolution to disputed amounts
• Monitors customer credit limits and enforces company credit policy
• Alerts management of distressed receivables and of those who have gone over the credit limit
• Sets deadlines to maximize aging of receivables to achieve key performance measures
• Assists Management in reviewing credit applications
• Update cash inflow in the weekly Liquidity Forecast
• AR KPI reporting to Region
• Recommend and prepare monthly bad debt provision.
• Addresses high level issues
• Maintains maximum aging of 5% over 45 days
• Posts checks and clears down accounts receivable accounts as applicable
• Generates weekly reports as needed for analysis
• Processes refund requests and sends out monthly statements as required
• Sends statements out, updates reports and files using company systems
• Develop alternative solutions and plans to solve problems
• Supports the Accounts Receivable team with issues and inquiries
Job Specification (knowledge, skills and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job)
• Effectively follows company accounting practices in daily accounting and financial analysis work.
• Uses word processing software efficiently and effectively. Uses spreadsheets as a tool for tracking work and uses other software appropriate to work demands. Effectively applies other components of MSOffice as required.
• Understands and applies the business processes of the company and guards against actions that will negatively impact business in general.
• This Job has no supervisory responsibility
• Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) plus a minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in Finance, Accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Highly analytic and independent way of working
• Ability to present complex correlations in a clear way
• Knowledge of user application systems and Proficient in EXCEL
• Team player / Flexible / Cooperative
• Solid Communication skills
• Fluent in English
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job the incumbent is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The incumbent regularly uses hands and fingers in the course of daily job duties, including the use of a personal computer. The vision requirement includes close vision. Employee may be required to travel overnight. May incur mental stress due to time deadlines, pressures and demands from both internal and external sources.
- Minumun level of education: Diploma /Bachelor's/ N6
- Years of experience: 4
- Language(s): English
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 6 October
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract
Other type of contract