The acronym SAMRO is the abbreviation for: Southern African Music Rights Organisation, a non-profit a collecting society whose key function is to administer the public performance, broadcast, diffusion and reproduction (aka mechanical) rights in musical works on behalf of its members (composers, songwriters and music publishers). This SAMRO does by functioning as a collective administration society that negotiates blanket licences with music users who then have access to SAMRO's extensive repertoire of copyright musical works. SAMRO is created and controlled by composers, songwriters and music publishers, with a Board of Directors elected by and from the membership.Thus the organisation has been set up to achieve an economy of scale in collection on behalf of members'of copyrighted musical works. The organisation is incorporated as a Company, limited by Guarantee, has no share capital and is non-profit making. Our mission is to be a worldclass African society that meets our member's expectations with a commitment to sound management, cost-effective services, and the highest business ethics and values, which include being quality service driven, focused on team work, committed to integrity, and visionary. By virtue of the bilateral (reciprocal) agreements for the protection of intellectual property or through the Berne Convention with many other similar music copyright organisations around the world, SAMRO protects an extensive repertoire written by thousands of songwriters and composers worldwide. Presently, SAMRO is linked to over 200 collecting societies for mechanical reproduction rights or public performing rights. Apart from our own members (who number close to 7000 writers, music publishers and beneficial right holders), SAMRO currently represents over 1,6 million rights owners, of all nationalities, in Southern Africa in respect of their performing rights. Recruiter from sector Other
- Johannesburg, City of Johannesburg, Gauteng
The above vacancy exists within the Sales Division and reports to the Executive General Manager: Sales. The core purpose of the position is to support licensing operations, licensing staff, delivering licensing revenue targets, meeting specific customers identified as targets, and developing staff in sales. The ideal candidate will be someone who has successfully completed Matric, has a degree in Law as well as a minimum of 5 years’ post graduate experience in a corporate/government/public sector environment.
Key Performance areas:
• Researching the market for licensing opportunities;
• Leads database development and management;
• Negotiating and concluding contracts;
• Revenue growth
• Risk management;
• Customer documentation and service management;
• Reporting; and
• Coaching of staff.
• Bachelors’ degree in Law;
• 5 years’ experience in a corporate/corporate/public sector environment;
• Ability to operate in diverse multi-functional teams;
• Negotiating and influencing at top corporate and government level;
• Good written and verbal communication skills;
• Computer and administration skills;
• Strong management capability;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
• Code 08 driver’s license; and
• Willingness to travel.
• Customer service focus;
• Leadership skills;
• Results orientation; and
• Team player.
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy.
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Minumun level of education: Honours Degree / Post Graduate Certificate /N7
- Years of experience: 5
- Language(s): English
- Driver's license: C1 ,B
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 4 August
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract