Seismic is a web-based Online e-Staffing Portal aimed at recent Graduates and Graduate professionals. We believe that this is the biggest gap in the South African and African Job Market. Our system represents the CV of a Candidate and we use this system to eliminate any pre-interview concerns such as, verification of qualifications, quality information on the screen, a biometric (Fingerprint) Criminal check and the deal-sealer, a 2-minute introductory video of the Candidate.
Through this you as the Employer have first hand, quality information to make a calculated selection and as Candidate, you are well presented to Employers and Hiring Managers. Recruiter from sector Human Resources, located in Western Cape, From 1 to 10 workers
- Drakenstein, Cape Winelands, Western Cape
ELV ENGINEER (EX-PAT OPPORTUNITY) – DOHA, QATAR
Engineering Project Services Industry, INTERNATIONAL
Salary: Attractive package on offer for the successful candidate
An International Multi-disciplined Engineering Group acquired a prestigious Project in DOHA, QATAR and have an exciting opportunity for specialist ELV ENGINEERS. The successful incumbents must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in ELV Engineering specializing in Commercial and residential buildings additional to experience in Design, Execution & Control of Project, Testing and Commissioning.
To understand the needs of customers and provide them adequate solution and related proposals
Essential Technical Ability and Knowledge:
• Design capabilities in but not limited to CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion detection, Public Address, Fire Alarm, Fire prevention Systems, Structured Cabling, Parking Management, Automation, Audio Visual is advantageous.
• Knowledge of Low Current International codes of standards.
• Knowledge of Low Current programing software’s.
• Ability to read and understand LC plans and schematics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Depending on the project scope, size and assignment, the job holder should be able to:
• Provide technical assistance for the sales team during the client meeting to understand the client business requirements, when required
• Work with sales team to provide responses for functional and technical RFP questions
• Identify client requirements, determine scope and develop proposals
• Demonstrate successfully the products/solutions in front of the client, when required
• Prepare Low Current drawings from preliminary phase to design development phase
• Coordinate with supplier to get competitive pricing information
• Prepare tender documents: quotations, BOQs
• Compile letter of order, tender schedules, program and other items required by the tender
• Prepare AutoCAD drafting (Riser diagrams related to the tender submission)
• Prepare Low Current calculations and schedules
• Coordinate with Other Trades (Mechanical, Civil, Architects, etc.)
• Develop quantity surveys and cost estimation
• Conduct site inspections and supervision when needed
• Work with technical support to ensure successful delivery of products/solutions to customers
• Provide the implementation team with all necessary documentation for the successful completion of the project
• Provide coaching and professional development to the sales team to enhance their product knowledge and technical skills
• Provide technical assistance to project execution team (Programming, shop drawings…)
• Assist in testing and commissioning when needed
• Manage projects execution as assigned
• Ensure customer satisfaction through direct communication when needed
• Provide Low Current engineering assistance to all entities including overseas when needed
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical/ Computer Engineering from a reputable university
• Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong professional presentation skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent Problem solving skills
• Team work spirit
• Details oriented
• Multi-tasking and able to deal with tight deadlines and stress
• Must be able to learn new technologies quickly
• Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D
• Knowledge in MS Project is a plus
How to apply:
• When applying for jobs with Seismic e-Staffing, please ensure that you have the minimum job requirements.
• Applicants for positions in South Africa must have a valid South African work permit or be a permanent resident.
• Go to ****************** – Register and then Upload your FULL profile for us to process your application. We do not work with emailed CV’s, we designed a system for your data.
• We ONLY use CANDIDATES from our Seismic e-Staffing database as applicants for the various positions.
Closing date: URGENTLY
Vacancy Type: Permanent
- Number of vacancies: 2
- Minumun level of education: Diploma /Bachelor's/ N6
- Years of experience: 5
- Language(s): English
- Driver's license: B
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 12 September
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract