Seismic is a web-based Online e-Staffing Portal aimed at recent Graduates and Graduate professionals. We believe that this is the biggest gap in the South African and African Job Market. Our system represents the CV of a Candidate and we use this system to eliminate any pre-interview concerns such as, verification of qualifications, quality information on the screen, a biometric (Fingerprint) Criminal check and the deal-sealer, a 2-minute introductory video of the Candidate.
Through this you as the Employer have first hand, quality information to make a calculated selection and as Candidate, you are well presented to Employers and Hiring Managers. Recruiter from sector Human Resources, located in Western Cape, From 1 to 10 workers
- Drakenstein, Cape Winelands, Western Cape
ELV ENGINEER (EX-PAT OPPORTUNITY) – DOHA, QATAR
Engineering Project Services Industry, INTERNATIONAL
Salary: Attractive package on offer for the successful candidate
An International Multi-disciplined Engineering Group acquired a prestigious Project in DOHA, QATAR and have an exciting opportunity for specialist ELV ENGINEERS. The successful incumbents must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in ELV Engineering specializing in Commercial and residential buildings additional to experience in Design, Execution & Testing and Commissioning. Candidates must have experience with ELV Systems, with specific relation to Concept Design, Schematic Design, Detailed Design and handling of Construction Documentation.
To understand the needs of customers and provide them adequate solution and related proposals. ELV systems will include; CCTV System, Access Control System, Bollards or Road Blockers, Gate Barriers, Scanning & X-Ray Walk Through, Wifi, Structured Cabling, Active Components, AV System, Cinema, SMARTV System, Fire alarm System , Building Management System Lighting Control System with Curtains
Essential Technical Ability and Knowledge:
• Excellent knowledge of designing relating to ICT/ELV/AV & BMS systems.
• Knowledge of Low Current International codes of standards.
• Knowledge of Low Current programing software’s.
• Ability to read and understand LC plans and schematics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Depending on the project scope, size and assignment, the job holder should be able to have the following experience and capabilities:
• Concept Design knowledge:
o Review Employer requirements;
o Review architectural drawings and relevant project documents;
o Conduct needed workshops and collect the needed data;
o Coordinate with other disciplines;
o Provide preliminary scope concept report;
o Provide a concept design for Technology services; and
o Define client AV requirements.
• ELV Deliverables will include:
o Design Report (Design Criteria);
o Design Drawings;
o Bill of quantities; and
o IFC drawings.
• Schematic Design
o Review MEP requirements;
o Provide design documentation in accordance with the approved scope;
o Attend coordination meetings with other Sub‐consultants, if required;
o Refine equipment layouts, schematics and technical sections;
o Provide infrastructure requirements to the design team including system details and Drawings in DWG format;
o Review and coordinate with MEP requirements including power, wiring, conduits, etc.
o Provide schematic documents in accordance with the approved scope.
• Detailed design
o Provide design documentation in accordance with the approved scope suitable for tendering;
o Perform Value Engineering and conduct sessions as necessary to achieve optimum design solutions, in case the construction cost (Tender price) exceeds approved budget;
o Provide required documents for authorities’ approval.
• Construction Documents
o Provide a full set of documents, Final detail design drawings, Specifications & BOQ, Calculations budget estimate for tender issue.
• Identify client requirements, determine scope and develop proposals
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical/ Computer Engineering from a reputable university;
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience relating to ELV systems in specific;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Strong professional presentation skills;
• Excellent time management skills;
• Excellent Problem solving skills;
• Team work spirit;
• Details oriented;
• Multi-tasking and able to deal with tight deadlines and stress;
• Must be able to learn new technologies quickly;
• Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D, 3D and REVIT systems; and
• Knowledge in MS Project is a plus.
How to apply:
• When applying for jobs with Seismic e-Staffing, please ensure that you have the minimum job requirements.
• Applicants for positions in South Africa must have a valid South African work permit or be a permanent resident.
•Register and then Upload your FULL profile for us to process your application. We do not work with emailed CV’s, we designed a system for your data.
• We ONLY use CANDIDATES from our Seismic e-Staffing database as applicants for the various positions.
Closing date: URGENTLY
Vacancy Type: Permanent
- Number of vacancies: 2
- Minumun level of education: Diploma /Bachelor's/ N6
- Years of experience: 5
- Language(s): English
- Driver's license: B
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 14 September
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract