Mangwanani Spa Group is a national spa Recruiter from sector Hospitality
- Atteridgeville, City of Tshwane, Gauteng
DUTIES OF THE GENERAL MANAGER
• Managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure;
• Maintaining statistical and financial records;
• Planning work schedules for individuals and teams;
• Assisting the Spa Manager with customer complaints and comments;
• Addressing problems and troubleshooting;
• Ensuring events run smoothly;
• Dealing with contractors and suppliers;
• Managing branch security;
• Carrying out inspections of property and services;
• Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
• Ensure spa presentation standards are achieved and maintained
• Responsible for inventory management and control for products and equipment and supplies for the spa daily operation.
• Facilitating the ordering of products, stock takes, managing shrinkage
• Flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Co-ordinate the relationship with Food supplier and approve invoicing of such.
• Co-ordinate the relationship with the Laundry supplier and ensure adequate stock levels.
• Manage the client gift packs, flower orders, special transport collections etc
• Manages the Drivers and transport operations.
• Establishes job priorities and time frames for Maintenance Staff
• Responsible for installation or repair of Electrical / Sewerage systems
• Monitors completion of job assignments through frequent field observation and inspections to ensure compliance with standards and instruction and revises instructions and time frames as necessary.
• Responsible for training employees on equipment, task procedures, work standards and proper safety procedures.
• Serves as safety representative, including coordination of safety training needs, assisting with safety audits, facilitating compliance with standards and maintaining related safety records.
• Schedules and Supervises maintenance activities, including work performed by contractors or subcontractors within the system.
• Develops specifications and makes recommendations on capital equipment purchases
• Supervises minor maintenance and servicing of equipment and vehicles
• Manages the roadworthy and licensing of vehicles.
• Maintains appropriate documentation of maintenance schedules, equipment installations, structural repairs and work orders and other operating reports for each facility and or location
• Performs other related tasks and duties as assigned
• Maintain pool area and spa
• Repair and maintain paint, carpet, appliances, plumbing, heating & air conditioning
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Comprehensive knowledge of all equipment used in maintenance
• Good knowledge of safety regulations, practices and procedures applicable to work unit
• Some knowledge of minor maintenance of automotive vehicles
• Ability to prepare accurate and reliable reports containing findings, observations and conclusions on maintenance activities
• Ability to work cooperatively, communicate effectively, and to maintain effective internal and external customer relations to accomplish job responsibilities
• Ability to quickly learn and use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and or technology
• Ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks and responsibilities.
• Extremely detail-oriented and accurate while handling high volume at a fast-pace
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and an ability to work in challenging environments
• Works well within a team and always goes 'above and beyond'
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Handles situations in the best interest of both client and company
• Proficient using the internet, Lotus Notes Reservations Database, Stock Database and Microsoft Word and Excel
• Minimum 1 year of Customer Service experience
• Previous work experience in Logistics and or Inventory management
• Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to work under deadline pressure.
• Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
• Good problem solving skills, ability to read /comprehend sales,
• Experienced in the supervision of inventory
General Managers must have developed reasoning abilities to the point to be able to:
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
• Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
• Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, as well as on your own experience and personal opinions.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
Requires the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing, which permits the employee to communicate effectively;
• Sufficient vision, which permits the employee to review a wide variety of written correspondence and reports -related material both electronic and hardcopy form;
• Sufficient manual dexterity, which permits the employee to operate a keyboard and produce handwritten -materials and notations
• Sufficient personal mobility, which permits the employee to work within facilities
• Excellent health (must be open to medical testing)
• Physically fit
• A very strong and mature personality
• Good communication skills, especially good usage of the English language
• Very professional attitude towards the clients and the staff
• Must be able to talk freely, therefore not be shy
• Very good administration and management skills
• Must be good at organizing
• Basic computer skills
• Excellent management skills
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Minumun level of education: Diploma /Bachelor's/ N6
- Years of experience: 3
- Language(s): English
- Driver's license: EC ,EC1 ,C ,C1 ,EB ,B
- Availability for travel: Yes
- Availability for change of residence: Yes
About this job ad 21 August
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract