- R 66.666,00 monthly
- Ubuntu, Pixley ka Seme, Northern Cape
KAROO VLEISBOERE KOöPERATIEF BEPERK WITH ITS HEAD OFFICE IN VICTORIA-WEST HAS THE FOLLOWING VACANCY:
Karoo Vleisboere (meat farmers) is a farmers co-operation focusing mainly on sheep farming. The business started in 1932 and currently has 650 members. The company has branches in Loxton, Carnarvon, Vosburg and Murraysburg. KVB offers a wide variety of South African produced products for sale.
KVB offers this incredible agriculture related career opportunity to a dynamic senior manager who meets our criteria of experience, skill and behavioural competencies.
Location of the job: Victoria West, Northern Cape, central Karoo
Job Type: Permanent, full-time, salaried management position reporting to Board of Directors.
Purpose of the job – To oversee all aspects of day to day KVB operations and to meet
organisational goals established by the Board, while remaining within Board defined limits and aligned with KVB’s mission statement.
Management scope - all departmental managers directly and all personnel indirectly.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Establishing organisational goals, performance objectives, guidelines and best practices that are based on Board Policy and striving towards achieving them.
• Overseeing all store operations based on the goals, objectives, and standards of KVB.
• Overseeing, assisting and managing all department managers in planning and performance to achieve all goals and objectives.
• Providing a model of supportive and participatory leadership promoting the concepts of team building and empowerment.
• Participating in and overseeing the preparation of all annual budgets.
• Overseeing the monitoring and managing of all labour and other controllable expenditures.
• Understanding and utilising the financial tools and reports available to support operations.
• Monitoring overall store conditions to meet customer service objectives and budgetary goals.
• Planning and implementing all store operations within budget.
• Developing and overseeing a store design and merchandising plan.
• Helping direct and maintain inventory, product mix and merchandising standards sufficient to meet organisational goals.
• Designing, developing and maintaining stores that are well merchandised and customer friendly.
• Evaluating and identifying customer service needs and developing necessary training to ensure that KVB provides outstanding customer service to its members and customers and communicates clearly and effectively to the membership.
• Monitoring key indicators to ensure overall satisfaction.
• Developing staff training plans, pay scales, position descriptions, staffing structures, orientation processes, employee benefits and policy manuals to ensure that organisational training needs are met.
• Hiring management staff and overseeing hiring of all other staff.
• Developing and maintaining a system of staff feedback designed to facilitate communication within and among departments and participating in direct one-on-one performance feedback with supervisors and staff as necessary.
• Helping facilitate the flow of information among staff.
Health and Safety
• Understanding and implementing required programs, managing and monitoring compliance with applicable health and safety laws.
• Ensuring that all staff are trained in and follow all organisational safety procedures and guidelines.
• Ensuring that the store provides a safe work environment for all staff and customers.
• Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to Board Policy.
• Attending all meetings of the Board of Directors.
• Remaining at all times within the Board stated Executive Limitations.
• Reporting compliance to Board policies as required by the Board of Directors.
• Working with Board to establish and achieve annual goals and objectives.
• Coordinating store information with website.
• Planning and managing store promotions.
• Designing and maintaining a marketing campaign within budget to maximize local involvement and increase sales and membership.
• Minimum of seven years of agriculture, sales, management and related experience.
• Relevant experience with operating, capital and cash budgeting.
• Management experience of managers and others with hiring, training, evaluating, compensation and discipline.
• Working knowledge of store point of sales systems and computer literacy.
• Respect and support for the process of working with a Board of Directors.
• Ability to handle multiple demands and make tough decisions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Commitment to cooperative values and principles and very high levels of Integrity.
• Sense of urgency, Pro-active and assertive and a Problem solver.
Salary and benefits
Salary and benefits offered at R800 000 per annum cost to company. This offer is negotiable based on experience and levels of competence. This total cost to company includes a basic salary, plus additional benefits. The composition of the package (basic salary and benefits) is negotiable.
An additional possible annual performance bonus at the discretion of the Board of Directors is also possible in the case of exceptional performance.
Applications close on 31 January 2018. Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to ******************* . Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. All short-listed applicants should be willing to undergo competence based assessment. Should you not hear from us within 14 days after submission of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Language(s): English ,Afrikaans
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 21 December
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract