- Bellville, City of Cape Town, Western Cape
Stodels Nurseries is looking for an experienced and creative Head Company Buyer to join the Exco team.
Based at Head Office in Bellville and reporting directly to the MD, you’ll be responsible for the strategic development
of the Buying department, and managing the Buying processes for the Company.
• To be responsible for leading the Company forward in securing quality suppliers of products, covering price, delivery and quality targets.
• Be responsible to secure large purchase deals.
• Be responsible for the management and development of Head Office Buyers and Administrators.
• Be responsible for setting monthly stockholding targets per branch per department in support to budgeted growth and available Company cash flow.
• Be responsible for sales and trend forecasting and to set purchase budgets accordingly per branch per department.
• Be responsible for overall supplier relationship management & to maintain strong relationships with key accounts.
• Be responsible for all marketing communication relating to supplier events, planned internal events and planned promotions to all relevant parties.
• Be responsible to source, list and negotiate with all new suppliers.
• Be responsible for the maintenance of all current rebate structures, and plan purchases according to rebate structures.
• Be responsible for negotiations including but not limited to annual, cost savers, club cards, volume and combo specials.
• Be responsible to set stock models on all KVI lines per branch per season.
• Be responsible to submit a list of competitive items for advertising according to advertising schedule.
• Be responsible to decide and recommend lines for price comparisons monthly by set deadline and communicate these to Branch Managers.
• Be responsible for submitting monthly newsletter articles and product of interest or relevance.
• Assist with product selection for online store on regular basis.
• Make selling price recommendations annually on seedling, organics’ and any other categories deemed necessary.
• Be responsible for price increase schedule per supplier to ensure recommendations on selling are done in accordance to till mark up budgets per category.
• Assist branch buyers in buying decisions and make recommendations in purchase opportunities.
• Be responsible for the Distribution centre and further developments.
• Degree or Diploma in Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain / Logistics or Business Management qualification
• Minimum 5 years previous experience in Purchasing, with at least 2 years of Management experience
• Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend
• Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques
• Strong leadership skills and proven experience in staff development
• “Hands on” approach to all tasks
• A knack for creativity and innovation, with your finger on the pulse when it comes to trends
• Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results
• Versatile, tenacious and people orientated
• Results orientated and confident
• Proven appreciation of customer service expectations and cost demands of business
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills
• Drivers license and own transport
Should you be interested and meet the above requirements, then we want to hear from you.
Please forward a cover letter and your CV to ***********************
Closing date: 1 December 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date then please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Minumun level of education: Diploma /Bachelor's/ N6
- Years of experience: 5
- Language(s): English
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 17 November
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract