As the labour market diversifies and changes, it becomes increasingly difficult to recruit and develop staff in compliance with the various labour laws. MJM Recruitment takes pride in helping our clients to get through the many pitfalls that lay ahead, and by doing this we have become partners to various multi national organisations. MJM Recruitment has the resources, knowledge and expertise to provide a total staffing solution and has taken this opportunity to demonstrate its capabilities and customised services. MJM Recruitment will provide clients with an innovative and hi-tech solution to all resourcing requirements. By profiling positions into strategic competencies aligned to company visions, recruitment is accurate and successful. MJM Recruitment takes the clients culture into consideration when recruiting thus making social adjustments easier. MJM Recruitment has the expertise to provide the following recruitment services: Temporary Appointments (Short-term, daily, weekly) Bulk flexible appointments (Call Centre, Technical) Outsourced Managed Services Payroll Services (Weekly, Bi Weekly, Monthly ) Maid Services Executive Placements (Search and Research) Recruiter from sector Professional services, located in KwaZulu-Natal, From 1 to 10 workers
- Johannesburg, City of Johannesburg, Gauteng
• Uses the Informatica DI platform to extract data from external sources and ingest them into Hadoop.
• Uses the Informatica Developer to perform DI operations on data within Hadoop.
• Uses the Informatica Developer to perform DQ operations on data within Hadoop.
• Integrates the Hadoop ecosystem (i.e., services such as HDFS, Hive and HBase) with other non Hadoop enterprise level technologies such as ERP and RDBMS.
• Develops Data Integration workflows and load processes.
• Ensures adherence to locally defined standards for all developed components.
• Performs data analysis for both Source and Target tables/columns including those on HDFS.
• Provides technical documentation of Source and Target mappings.
• Participates in design and development reviews.
• Works with System owners to resolve source data issues and refine transformation rules.
• Ensures performance metrics are met and tracked.
• Writes and maintains unit tests.
• Conduct QA Reviews.
• Business need articulation / Discovery
• Pre-sales Presentations
• Product & Solution Demo’s
• Involvement in POC / POV
• RFP responses
• Marketing Collateral
• Product Management roadmaps / market feedback
• Internal knowledge sharing
• Implemented solutions
3. Skills Required
• Understands data integration processes and the Hadoop ecosystem
• Has a good understanding of HDFS and Hive
• Has a basic understanding of relevant Hadoop technologies such as HBase
• Possesses excellent communications skills
• Has the ability to develop work plans and follow through on assignments with minimal guidance
• Has Informatica Data Integration Platform and Informatica Developer experience
• Is an Informatica Certified Developer
• Has the ability to work with business and system owners to obtain requirements and manage expectations
• Corresponding Hadoop distribution vendor’s developer training
• Informatica BDM (Big Data Manager)
• PowerCenter Developer
• Data Quality Workbench
• Data Explorer
Skill Category Skill Mapping
Hadoop distribution Primary Skill
Informatica Primary Skill
Databases Secondary Skill
Operations Skills Knowledge
Software Development Skills Secondary Skill
Data Warehousing Knowledge Primary Skill
Tools – Development Primary Skill
Tools – Enterprise Application Integration Secondary Skill
Tools – ETL Primary Skill
Tools – Modeling Knowledge
Tools – Operating Systems/Networking Knowledge
Tools – Security Knowledge
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Minumun level of education: Grade 12 /N4 (Matric)
- Years of experience: 2
- Language(s): English
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 15 November
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract