All our expertise and knowledge goes into providing services that enhances your company's information flow, hence our company name Information Kinetics. Whether you need systems integration, online services, business consulting or even just a website, we are always improving our technologies and know how to keep your business information flowing like it should. Recruiter from sector Internet / new media, located in Gauteng, From 51 to 200 workers
- Sandton, City of Johannesburg, Gauteng
IT Company in Sandton is looking for IT Infrastructure support to join their dynamic team. Candidate must be able to speak fluent Afrikaans and must have a valid passport to travel abroad to Australia, Europe and the US paid by the company.
Salary: R 7000 – R 11 000 CTC with medical aid (Optional)
• A+ and N+ Certification
• MCITP or MSCE (Beneficial)
• Higher Certificate in IT / Higher Certificate in Information Systems
• University Degree will be valued
• Higher National Diploma in Technology
Purpose of the role:
• Analyzing and interpreting the requests to ensure the classification, prioritization and escalation of the requests are correct.
• Work closely with other teams to ensure the quick resolution of faults and the user and/or client are kept updated on the progress in relation to the resolution of the fault.
• Identification of failures and short-comings in the current processes and escalate with recommendations.
• Addressing the issues logged by the clients in a professional and timely fashion.
• Be responsible for receiving, validating and logging service requests.
• Tracking and updating logged requests.
• Service Desk / Server / Desktop Support
• Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues around Microsoft and Linux technologies
• Ability to research and solve problems/challenges on a day to day basis
• Must be able to adapt to change (Infrastructure and Environment)
• Need to travel to clients site
• International travel from time to time overseas (Australia, Europe, US)
• Software Installation and configuration of desktop and laptops.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Infrastructure technology: Active Directory, Exchange, System Centre, MS Server, MS Desktop operating system, MS Clustering technology, VEAM, VMware, Linux and Red Hat Linux.
• Knowledge of Networking and routing
• Knowledge relating to Firewalling – Firewalls, services / protocols, IPS/IDS
• Expertise in MS Windows editions and MS Office editions
• Configuration and troubleshooting of workstations using multiple Remote applications.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of Active Directory.
• Basic knowledge of e-mail services.
• Working knowledge of mail setup on mobile phone platforms (Android, IOS and other)
• Support in testing and deployment of new applications and systems.
• Assist in technical upgrading and maintaining of entire desktop systems.
• Knowledge in the area of VPN – concepts such as IPsec, GRE tunneling. Configure VPN access for remote clients.
• End Point solutions – encryption, etc
• SMTP/Email, SPAM, whitelisting, blacklisting, phishing and data loss prevention.
• Internet Access, controls, proxies.
• Identify and repair hardware and network connectivity issues.
• Recommend and implement upgrades on systems to ensure compliance and Security
• Interact with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
• Participate in department projects and perform problem diagnosis of network and desktop environment under IT Management direction.
• Maintain passwords, data integrity and file system security for computing environment
• Only south Africans may apply
• CV & Salary details to ************************
• Please note the company may give an assessment with the interview
- Number of vacancies: 2
- Minumun level of education: Diploma /Bachelor's/ N6
- Years of experience: 1
- Language(s): English
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 30 August
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract