- West Rand, Gauteng
Jnr Manufacturing Process Engineer – West Rand, Jhb
Manufacturer of commercial appliances / catering equipment
• To develop and manage manufacturing process improvements; this includes assessing current methods and validating any changes.
• To develop a system to virtually assess the labour costs of products; and utilize it in order to produce relatively accurate estimation, in as short a time as possible.
• Proper analytical derivation of labour times, determined by the accepted methods agreed upon by management.
• SHE requirements, ISO9001:2008 requirements & QA standards - are adhered to & that all relevant data and documents are safely kept.
• General housekeeping (5xS’s) of his/her section.
• Any reasonable tasks - that may be required from time to time - as requested by management.
1) Assess & facilitate improvements - to manufacturing efficiencies & processes.
a) Assess wastage in processes
b) Advise Production Director - on investment opportunities
c) Develop manufacturing processes - by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
2) Analyze & plan workflow and space requirements.
a) Identify the current workflow
b) Map out conflicting space in these areas
3) Provide insight on planning - decision making information through appropriate calculation of production schedules.
a) Using TRS as a tool to assess the capacity of each process & using this to better plan production schedules. Allocating the appropriate amount of work to each area weekly
b) Assessing if any areas are under or over staffed
4) Assist engineering - in aligning their designs, to the company’s manufacturing processes
a) In calculating the labor costs to be assigned to the BOM’s
5) Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing & conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
6) Prepares product & process reports - by collecting, analyzing & summarizing information and trends.
7) Maintains professional & technical knowledge - by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
8) Virtual time analysis
9) For new products & for rapid quotations, a virtual means of assessing the production time needs to be investigated, and implemented.
Skills / Experience:
• Degree / BEng or equivalent in - Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
• Working knowledge of Manufacturing Procedures
• Computer literate – Excel
• CAD or AutoCAD (Solid Works - preferable)
• Advanced understanding of Design Process
• Sound understanding of - software systems / design process
• Sound understanding of H&S
• In-depth understanding of machinery limitations & capabilities
• Sound knowledge of TRS system
• Administration skills
• Excellent technical skills
• Strong assessment skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to learn and understand complex topics
Salary R21, 000 – 22, 000 per month
If interested & have the above qualifications and experience, please send full detailed CV to Lilly Tomescu (LPT Personnel Consulting)
- Minumun level of education: Diploma /Bachelor's/ N6
- Years of experience: 3
- Language(s): English ,Afrikaans
- Driver's license: EB ,B
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 29 November
Type of contract
Type of contract
Other type of contract
Type of contract