- uMhlathuze, uThungulu, KwaZulu-Natal
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR – MACHINE SHOP – RICHARDS BAY
Supports the organizational goals of safety, quality and productivity by managing the programming, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairing of Conventional and Computer Numerical Control (CNC) manufacturing equipment, Boring mills, Lathes and Machine Centres.
• Responsible for the repair, installation and commissioning of Machine shop machinery and equipment.
• Responsible for ensuring optimal levels of machine availability and for the justification of any additional capital equipment when required.
• Ensure Scheduled maintenance schedules are implemented and adhered to.
• Fault find and repair CNC controls and drives on AC & DC motors using technical skills and knowledge; use schematics to complete a fault analysis.
• Provide technical training and machine safety to teams and act as a technical mentor to team members.
• Maintains and organizes machine and maintenance data so that it can be used by others.
• Interacts with vendors and suppliers to source materials and supervise and/or handle repairs.
• Other duties as required
Note: The definition of machinery in this context includes CNC’s, Boring mills, Lathes and MC’s and all relevant production manufacturing machinery.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Technical Skills – Must be proficient in programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and drives.
• Must have an outstanding ability to learn (self-teach) and master the fundamentals of the functioning of machines.
• Ability to make quick decisions and solve technical problems to provide an efficient environment for production.
• Ability to perform under severe pressure.
• Troubleshooting Skills – Ability to do solve advanced faults timeously.
• Communication – Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions and requests: able to effectively communicate problems and solutions to management, team members and internal customers.
• Team Work – Shares information with supervisor and other team members in a manner that is understandable.
• Quality – Accepts responsibility for the quality output and uptime of the equipment; actively participates and suggests improvement to the Quality System continuously.
• Written Communication – Able to interpret written information related to production machinery accurately.
• Change Management – adapt to changes effectively and represent management.
• Problem Solving – Requires strong programming, mechanical, and electrical problem solving skills.
• High level of technical knowledge, backed up by a Trade Test Machine Tool Millwright, Millwright, Electrician, Mechanical Fitter or Instrumentation Technician.
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc).
• Minimum 6-8 years’ experience with the abovementioned machinery.
• Demonstrated ability in maintenance, fault finding and repairs of the abovementioned machines’ automations systems and PLC’s.
• Knowledge of production machines and relevant controls systems.
• Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, schematics, P&ID’s, technical manuals, and AutoCAD drawings.
• Ability to train others on the safe operation of machinery.
• Ability to safely operate all machinery.
• Ability to apply understanding of machine systems to design, fabricate, maintain and identify improvement possibilities.
• Ability to deal with complex problems involving mechanical and electrical apparatuses and machines.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Able to work overtime on weekends after hours.
• Management qualification and/or experience will be advantages.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts which also may be hot. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and moderate to high noise levels. The employee may have to work in confined spaces and at heights.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use their hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and the ability to discern all colors.
- Minumun level of education: Ocupational Certificate /N5
- Years of experience: 6
- Language(s): English
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 5 October
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract