Glass House Capital
When starting or seeking to grow a business, there is a plethora of factors which can deter the process. These factors include a lack of resources, a lack of subject matter expertise and last but certainly not least, weak financial backing.
Arguably it is not only difficult but tedious for young entrepreneurs to qualify for a business loan in South Africa. This is due to the fact that because these entrepreneurs are young, while their businesses might have high growth potential, they also have risk substantial enough to disinterest banks.
As the founder of Glass House Capital, I noted the aforementioned problem and subsequently raised a capital fund which allows young entrepreneurs to launch and grow their businesses without the friction associated with finding business funding through banks and other avenues with a lot of red tape.
Because Glass House Capital is founded and managed by young individuals, this puts us in a position where we are more relatable to the entrepreneurs who approach us. We can identify with the issues they face, there can be a synergy of like-mindedness between GHC and those who seek funding-making it easier for both parties to effectively work together.
In addition to funding young entrepreneurs, we also provide consulting services for their companies to utilize, in order to ensure that the best interest of their business and that of our investment is served. Above all else, GHC realizes the potential of youth entrepreneurs and seeks to play a pivotal role in elevating their business ideas to greater heights.” Recruiter from sector Financial / Insurance, located in Western Cape, From 1 to 10 workers
- Cape Town, City of Cape Town, Western Cape
Glass House Capital is seeking for a dynamic, energetic, analytical and strong individual to head up the marketing department. The successful candidate will develop, implement, manage and control the marketing strategy in line with company objectives and manage the day to day marketing activities of the company.
The responsibilities include the following:
• Manage and coordinate the marketing department including all marketing, advertising and promotional activities
• Develop the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives.
• Coordinating marketing campaigns with sales activities
• Conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing and future products
• Analysis of customer, current market conditions and competitor information
• Develop and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing products
• Expand and develop marketing platforms
• Manage the productivity of the marketing plans and projects
• Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results
• Determine and manage the marketing budget
• Deliver marketing activity within agreed budget
• Report on return on investment and key performance metrics
• Develop pricing strategy
• Create marketing presentations
• Liaise with media and advertising
• Collaborate with the sales function
• Monitor industry best practices
• Analysing product sales by lines utilising marketing analysis tools
• Manage and improve lead generation campaigns, measuring results.
• Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
• Preparing online and print marketing campaigns.
• Creating a wide range of different marketing materials.
• Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives
• Diploma / Degree in Marketing,
• A minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience as a marketing manager
• Ability to identify customer needs and translate into marketing deliverables
• Experience in the development of marketing strategies and brand awareness is essential
• Strong analytical and project management skills
• Confident and dynamic personality
• Strong creative outlook.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good numerical skills
• A good head for business
• Strong organisational skills
• Team-working skills
• The ability to delegate and motivate others
• The ability to manage a team
• The energy and enthusiasm to deal with campaigns
• The ability to work to deadlines and cope with the consequent pressure
• Courage and Conviction – the ability to create a sense of excitement about taking on new challenges and a belief in your capabilities to deliver results
• Drive for results – a deep-seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve “step changes” in business results
• Holding people accountable – the ability to give clear and unambiguous direction to individuals and teams about what they need to do in order to meet the organization’s objectives.
• Building capability - developing individuals and groups in order to increase the capability of the whole organization
• Compelling Communication – recognising that clear communication is the key to understanding
• Leading Others – the ability to create a compelling vision of the future and provide inspiration, clarity and direction.
- Minumun level of education: Diploma /Bachelor's/ N6
- Years of experience: 3
- Language(s): English
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 18 August
Type of contract
Other type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract