- Johannesburg, City of Johannesburg, Gauteng
Salary: R 500K Maximum (CTC)
• Develop the company’s marketing communication strategy based on market and customer insight to take advantage of commercial opportunities to grow the value of the business.
Monthly - Product related communication to all customers
Quarterly – Internal newsletter to all employees
• Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact. (Full ownership of the local QMI file)
• Analyse marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimisation.
• Monitor and maintain data quality within the marketing and customer database.
• Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimise marketing performance.
• Devise and implement a plan for national and local product marketing campaigns.
Maximise the use of the demo rooms through quarterly customer events.
• Manage the annual marketing budget, track/appraise results and deliver profitable ROI.
• Develop a pricing strategy to ensure consistency across all product categories. This will include the monitoring and maintenance of all related e-price information as well as the internal and external quote tools.
• Develop a print media strategy that supports the sales strategy and encourages cost efficiency.
• Execute the marketing budget efficiently and focus the spend where the greatest commercial opportunities exist.
• Working closely with the Sales team to ensure that marketing, communications and branding needs – internal and external – are met and managed effectively.
• Managing external suppliers to ensure high quality design and production of communications, sourcing of materials and cost efficiencies.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of Fire & Security competitors.
• Work with external suppliers to ensure that all activity is delivered to the highest standards, to deadlines, within budget and within the constraints of the business.
• Actively participate in ACE and EH&S in line with the company’s requirements.
• CUSTOMER FOCUS – take proactive action to understand customer needs and requirements. Identifies and effectively engages with relevant stakeholders.
• PLANNING & MANAGING RESOURCES – make a realistic assessment of the resources needed to achieve agreed results and ensure actual performance is measured rigorously against expected results.
• MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE – plans and schedules work in a comprehensive and realistic way.
• DELIVERING RESULTS – strives for high and continuously improving performance; can be relied upon to successfully deliver required results.
• INNOVATION – find new ways of looking at issues and problems, generating innovative or radically new ideas.
• FLEXIBILITY & ADAPTABILITY – can deal effectively with people from a variety of different backgrounds and areas of the business.
• PROBLEM SOLVING – generate a range of possible solutions.
Skills and Experience:
• A graduate with extensive and wide-ranging marketing experience with at least three years at a mid-senior position level.
• A commercially minded self-starter.
• Thorough knowledge of customer/market insight and all marketing disciplines.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
• High motivation to make things happen, deliver effectively and efficiently.
• Ability to manage projects successfully from concept to execution.
• Ability to create and manage relationships with internal clients, external suppliers and regional marketing team.
• Ability to work on own initiative, multi-task and prioritise their work effectively
• Determined individual who is fully dedicated and passionate about their role and delivering impressive results.
- Language(s): English
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 17 October
You already applied this offer. The contact information is:
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract