Seismic is a web-based Online e-Staffing Portal aimed at recent Graduates and Graduate professionals. We believe that this is the biggest gap in the South African and African Job Market. Our system represents the CV of a Candidate and we use this system to eliminate any pre-interview concerns such as, verification of qualifications, quality information on the screen, a biometric (Fingerprint) Criminal check and the deal-sealer, a 2-minute introductory video of the Candidate.
Through this you as the Employer have first hand, quality information to make a calculated selection and as Candidate, you are well presented to Employers and Hiring Managers. Recruiter from sector Human Resources, located in Western Cape, From 1 to 10 workers
- Drakenstein, Cape Winelands, Western Cape
MEP (MECHANICAL/ELECTRICAL) ENGINEER – ACCRA, GHANA
Engineering Services Industry, INTERNATIONAL
Salary: Attractive package on offer for the successful candidate
An International Multi-disciplined Engineering Group acquired a Project in ACCRA, GHANA and have an exciting opportunity for specialist MEP ENGINEERS. The successful incumbents must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in MEP Engineering specializing in Commercial and residential buildings additional to experience in Design, Execution & Testing and Commissioning.
To be responsible for the success of the company by managing & maintaining the MEP & Low Current projects to be completed on time according to schedule and within budget and ensuring client’s requirements are met. As a MEP Engineer you will be responsible for the planning and design in the areas of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) systems; including developing polices, standards, inspection procedures, and evaluation tools for MEP matters involving judicial branch facilities.
Essential Technical Skills & Knowledge
Depending on the project scope, size and assignment, the job holder should be able to have the following experience and capabilities:
o Boilers room;
o Floor heating & trench heaters;
o Ventilation and air filtration systems;
o Chilled water systems;
o DX / VRV systems; and
o Energy recovery systems.
• Fire Protection
o Fire suppression systems;
o Fire extinguishers;
o Fire hose reels;
o Fire hydrant systems;
o Automatic sprinkler systems;
o Dry and wet risers; and
o Fire pumps.
o Sanitary and drainage systems;
o Water distribution;
o Water treatment;
o Fountains and pools plumbing;
o Variable and fixed speed pumping systems;
o Solar energy (vacuum tubes and selective panels);
o Fuel oil systems;
o Gas systems;
o Kitchen and laundry plumbing; and
o Irrigation systems and controls.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage the MEP & Low Current project execution from initiation to closure.
• Prepare the project plan, manpower and quantities.
• Develop detailed petty cash budget.
• Prepare shop drawings & material submittals.
• Prepare BOQs and coordinate with logistics for timely supply.
• Develop methods statements and Testing & Commissioning procedures.
• Prepare progress reports and initiate invoicing with accounting team.
• Manage the project’s field staff and subcontractor performance.
• Ensure quality and safety to ensure compliance with the contract documents.
• Prepare site visit report.
• Coordinate with other trades (mechanical, civil, architect, …)
• Prepare variation orders.
• Maintain strong relationship with clients, contractors and subcontractors.
• Conduct the testing and commissioning.
• Assign pre-sales task when needed.
Qualifications & Competencies
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 7 years of electromechanical engineering experience with planning and supervision responsibilities.
• Excellent technical knowledge.
• Excellent project management skills with ability to plan, direct and monitor all aspects of the project.
• Strong knowledge of Electromechanical Codes.
• Good knowledge in MS Project (Primavera is a plus).
• Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT experience is a plus.
• Literacy in Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of Safety Standards.
• Knowledge of standards & codes of practice.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent writing reports skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
• Construction Drawings.
How to apply:
• When applying for jobs with Seismic e-Staffing, please ensure that you have the minimum job requirements.
• Applicants for positions in South Africa must have a valid South African work permit or be a permanent resident.
• Register and then Upload your FULL profile for us to process your application. We do not work with emailed CV’s, we designed a system for your data.
• We ONLY use CANDIDATES from our Seismic e-Staffing database as applicants for the various positions.
Closing date: URGENTLY
Vacancy Type: Permanent
- Number of vacancies: 2
- Minumun level of education: Diploma /Bachelor's/ N6
- Years of experience: 5
- Language(s): English
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 14 September
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract