GD PEACOCK PROJECT'S (Pty) Ltd
Engineering - all disciplines
Recruiter from sector Consulting, located in Gauteng, From 1 to 10 workers
- Cape Town, City of Cape Town, Western Cape
Accountabilities for this role include strong .Net Development skills, systems analysis, interpreting functional requirements and engaging with relevant stakeholders
Key Result Areas:
• Assists BA and Architect to translate strategic and operational decisions into business solutions.
• Assists with analysis and design of new systems/major enhancements and databases.
• Role includes coding, implementations, testing and system enhancements
• Also includes providing higher technical and programming support
• Co-ordinates time and priorities to ensure that goals are met
• Ability to understand big picture in which business operates
• Overtime to meet tight deliveries and weekend slots for implementations when needed
• Have a good working relationship with users, business analysts and other technical staff
• Advises management on best practices and design of new enhancements
• Coaches junior staff members
• Collaboration (Relating)
• Customer First
• Innovation (Perspective)
• Leading with Influence
• Personal Mastery (Learning)
Qualifications and experience:
• Matric, plus an IT programming qualification
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• 5 years or more, solid experience in programming using:
.Net 2.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0
Web Services, Web API
• 5 years or more, experience in MS SQL Server(TSQL)(DML,DDL) stored procedures, triggers, indexing, with excellent SQL skills
• SPA experience would be advantageous (knockout.js, angular.js)
• HTML specially targeting earlier browsers and HTML5
• Ability to create Command line applications, Windows Services, ASP .NET MVC applications, WCF services and Web API Restful services
• Entity Framework/Dapper/NHibernate/ADO .NET
• Dependency Injection/Inversion of Control (StructureMap/Ninject/AutoFac)
• IIS 6 or 7 (limited knowledge)
• Understand the concept of Continuous Integration with a focus on Hudson/Jenkins and MSBuild files or TFS Continuous integration.
• Design Patterns
• Integration Patterns would be advantageous.
• Understand the ASP .NET pipeline and HTTP.
• Have general knowledge on HTTP performance, caveats, challenges
• Be willing to learn new advances in web and .NET application development on own accord.
• Understand layered architecture
• Solid Enterprise Integration experience
• OO design and development experience (at least 4 years’ experience) using the following technologies: C#, .Net , XML , MQ
• Experience with SSIS, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and Sharepoint
• Agile Software Development methodology, Team Foundation Server and Continuous integration
• Knowledge of SOA (Service Orientated Architecture) and ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) patterns
• Good client/server understanding (COM/COM+) Good practical understanding and experience of XML, UML & industry standards/trends related to the integration environment.
• Practical experience in high volume capacity planning & performance tuning.
• Experience with SSIS, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and Sharepoint will be highly regarded
• DAX Query language would be advantageous
• Assists with analysis and design of new systems and databases.
• Develops technical specifications / program specifications and some systems documentation.
• Responsible for basic systems analyst functions.
• May assist with analysing system design requirements.
• Advises management on effective applications, covering areas such as maintenance, support, interface and data management requirements.
• Provides sizing and scoping for development work required.
• Designs & documents technical specifications/program specifications.
• Good system modelling skills will be an advantage.
• Assists solution construction including programming, systems testing and correction of programme models. Interprets and executes test plans, or assists in developing test plans in conjunction with Senior Analyst Programmer or Business Analyst.
• Develops, tests and implements new systems and system changes in accordance with agreed coding standards and principles.
• Provides development solutions, which maintain the technical integrity of the solution. Performs data conversion.
• Documents system features and functionality. The above is done under limited supervision.
• Ensures technical integrity of the solution.
• Ensures that all system changes align with coding standards and principles
• Mentors Programmers and Analyst Programmers through the whole development life cycle.
• Accountable for service delivery through own efforts with only limited supervision.
• Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality
• Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
• Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results. Accepts and lives the company values
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Minumun level of education: Diploma /Bachelor's/ N6
- Years of experience: 5
- Language(s): English
- Driver's license: EB ,B
- Availability for travel: Yes
- Availability for change of residence: Yes
About this job ad 24 August
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract