- Ehlanzeni, Mpumalanga
PHARMACY SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Leading pharmaceutical company seeks suitably qualified / experienced Pharmacy Sales Representative for their Nelspruit territory to join their winning team!
The successful candidate will call on all itinerised pharmacies within your territory, ensuring the development and management of the selling and merchandising functions in order to achieve maximum distribution, stock levels and shelf exposure of the company’s product range, whilst providing superior customer service, ensuring the acheivement of budgeted sales and long term growth for all stakeholders
• Matric and relevant medical / science Tertiary Qualification e.g. B.Sc Degree
• Bilingual (Excellent communication skills ~ written and verbal)
• Minimum of 2 years retail pharmacy or related sales experience within the pharmaceutical sector (external sales)
• Excellent negotiating skills
• Ability to perform and deliver results without supervision
• Self-motivated with positive attitude and a desire to win in a competitive market
• Strong knowledge of anatomy and physiology
• Team Player
• Strong Report Writing skills
• High standard of ethics
• File all customer record cards on a daily basis as per route planner, keeping all customer record cards/ PDA data base updated at all times.
• Re-grade pharmacies on an ongoing basis in line with set criteria and buying patterns.
• Manage time and workload in accordance with marketing and sales strategies, priorities and responsibilities.
• In conjunction with the Sales Manager amend and update cycle route planner in accordance with pharmacy grading’s and geographic area.
• Plan pharmacy calls according to agreed itinery and route planner.
• Pre-plan each sales call to ensure that the following criteria are met:
o Maximise stock holding in line with pull through sales strategy
o Maximise sales according to cycle strategies and promotional activities.
o Maximise interpersonal and inter-company relationships.
o Maximise the installation and use of point of sale material as per agreed statergies.
• On reciept of each new cycle targets and objectives, plan and monitor on a daily and cumulative basis the progress towards the acheivement of the listed priorities, objectives and sales targets.
• Maximise the use of the merchandiser by ensuring that the performance standards demanded by the company are met at all times and by ensuring that the merchandiser works in accordance with his/her job desciption.
• Ensure that promotional and trade discounts as well as bonus issues are in line with strategy.
• Maximise and ensure effective use of allocated Co-op and Ad-Hoc budgets in line with strategies and advertising to spend ratios.
• Ensure that motor vehicle is always clean, maintenance is controlled within the manufacturers and roadworthiness specifications, and that expenses are controlled within the budget parameters.
• Ensure that stock leavels are correct in terms of strategy and increase them in the event of stock outs.
• Maximise sales at all times and in particular when products are on promotion or on deal.
• Ensure all new products are listed timeously and as per strategy as well as ensuring 100% listing of all product SKU’s within each and every call.
• Resist all attempts by pharmacists or buyers to withdraw support or de-list any product or pack size.
• Utilize I.M.S and SSA data to optimize sales and shelf space in line with shares.
• Timeously report product de-listing to the Regional Sales Manager.
• Ensure that all orders are signed by the pharmacist or buyer.
• Place all orders on a daily basis or as requested by the pharmacist or buyer.
• Build a sound inter-personal relationship with pharmacists, pharmacy managers, buyers and pharmacy assistants.
• Timeously report to the Sales Manager all competitor and opposition activities.
• Be aware of and capitilise on new business by way of new pharmacy openings and other opportunities.
• Ensure that personal dress and demeanor are always of the highest standard when in the trade.
• Contribute to team building at regional and national level.
• Comply with all directives issued by the Sales Manager relating to the job.
• Detail and train pharmacy assistants and pharmacists in a professional and effective manner.
• Complete and submit monthly price surveys accurately and timeously.
• Complete all required paperwork on a daily basis.
• Attends all regional sales meetings for the purposes of advising product and sales managers as well as colleagues on specific matters pertaining to opposition activities and general industry information.
Send a Confidential CV to: *************************** or Call: ************
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Minumun level of education: Diploma /Bachelor's/ N6
- Years of experience: 3
- Language(s): English
- Driver's license: B
- Availability for travel: Yes
- Availability for change of residence: Yes
About this job ad 3 November
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract
- Jobs in Mpumalanga
- Jobs in Ehlanzeni
- Job of Accountancy Practice
- Job of Vat Specialist
- Job of General Ledger Accountant
- Job of Contract Specialist
- Job of General Office Clerk
- Job of Medical Records Clerk
- Job of Medical Secretary
- Job of General Administrator
- Job of Payroll Specialist
- Job of Operations Specialist