- Durban, eThekwini, KwaZulu-Natal
Senior Network Engineer/Administrator – Durban
• Budget Compilation- To compile the network capital and operational budget for approval by relevant manager as well as ensuring that the financial objectives are met on an annual basis according to The Clients policy and procedures.
• Project Expenditures - To ensure that all budgeted, ad hoc and project expenditures are managed according to policy and procedure
• Buy Backs and Right Offs- To manage all relevant buy backs and right offs of equipment according to policy and procedure.
• Vendor Accounts - To monitor all relevant vendor accounts to ensure accuracy of billing.
• Financial Reporting’s - To compile, approve and present all requested financial reports by relevant manager and client in line with The Clients policy and procedure
• Project Costing - Project costing and budget of network infrastructure according to The Clients policy and procedure
• Revenue - To propose revenue producing\Cost reduction prospects where and when possible.
• Billing - To ensure work is completed timeously and signed off by customer. To ensure that signed worksheets are provided to accounts for billing.
• Project Budget and Costing - Obtain input into project costing and budget of network infrastructure according to The Clients policy and procedure
• Technical network support - To liaise and communicate with business units, vendors, partners, suppliers, client’s and management relating to Technical network support in order to ensure compliance to legislation, The Client policy and procedure as well as delivering on the Client customer experience.
• Client Liaison - To liaise with internal and external clients, service providers, vendors and management to ensure that compliance to legislation, and The clients brand identity.
• Technical Operational Meetings - To conduct, review and report on all Technical/Operational meetings and ensure that all matters raised are allocated and addressed
• Customer Satisfaction - To ensure a minimum of 95% customer satisfaction feedback rating on a monthly basis with external contracted Customers and action to position SLA and satisfaction measurement for internal support.
• Mentoring - To mentor and coach subordinates within the specific area of responsibility according to policies and procedures
• Staff Supervision - To supervise all direct reports in line with Client HR policy and procedures.
• Work Schedule - To keep to the work schedule and any deviation be communicated verbally within the shortest possible timeframe to allow for alternative arrangements to be made by the Service Delivery Manager/Customer.
• Competent & Certified - To be competent/certified in
Cisco Advanced Security Architecture Field Engineer Represenative
Cisco Advanced Security Architecture Systems Engineer Represenative
ITIL v3 Foundation
Certified in the Field of Customer Service from the International Business Training Association
Fortinet NSE 1
Data Centre 5 + Years
Cisco Technologies 5+ Years
Fortinet 5+ Years
Security 5+ Years
Bandwith Optimization 5+ Years
Network Monitoring 5+ Years
Routing and Switching Experience 5+ Years
Routing and Switching Hardware Experience 5 + Years
- Minumun level of education: Diploma /Bachelor's/ N6
- Years of experience: 5
- Language(s): English
- Availability for travel: No
- Availability for change of residence: No
About this job ad 13 December
Type of contract
Type of contract
Type of contract